Thursday, October 20, 2011

"leavin' on a jet plane..."

"...don’t know when I’ll be back again…"


Well, okay, I do know when I’ll be back since I have my return ticket, but, I’ve been thinking about that song for a number of days and wanted to include it.


I fully intended to add a post or two over the last couple months, but, well, life has been busy… so, here I am writing en-route... October 17, 2011.


The storage unit is full, all that could be sold is sold, all that could be given away has been given away and the house is, for the most part empty. I was there yesterday to pick up a couple things and it was almost surreal… hearing my footsteps echo as I walked through each room, lots of memories and hopes and dreams came flooding in. And then, almost exactly eight years from the joyous date of our closing to buy our home I found myself closing and locking the door behind me for the very last time.

Eight… the number of new beginnings.


This last couple years has been a time of letting go for me…inch by inch… and it feels like I have finally made it, and reached a milestone.


The last weeks and months have been so, so busy in preparation for this very day… and I can hardly believe it is finally here! Honestly I’m not sure that it has fully sunk in yet, but I am writing from gate 5 at JFK in New York City as I wait for my flight to London at 22:45 tonight.


And so, though I am bone tired and stuffy headed, I say…

 Let my very great adventure BEGIN!!!


love,
susie

1 comment:

  1. Very excited about your blog, hope you can post some pictures, Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete