Friday, December 30, 2011

Chipwrecked, with the Chipmunks, Chipettes & Cheech and Chong

Who are Cheech and Chong you ask?

Melissa and Stuarts two wonderful girls.

Not their real names, no.

But then, I probably didn't really need to tell you that, did I?

They've been off from school for the last couple of weeks, so, there's been alot of fun activities going on!

I had the honor of taking them for dinner and a movie last week, as a Christmas gift to them, from me. Though I think it was more a gift to myself!

We were planning to go to the 6pm show, so we walked down to town about 4:30.

We caught an early dinner at The Catherine Wheel. It is a great, inexpensive family oriented pub here in town. I like that they let me order a kids meal too... I had something traditional... cold ham slices with a fried egg and chips. The girls had their usual, chicken nuggets, baked beans and chips.

I'm not sure if they all do, but, many of the movie theatres here in England have reserved seating and require purchasing tickets ahead of time! I had purchased our tickets online earlier in the day. But, as it turned out we ended up getting to the movie theatre very early, and could not get into the theatre itself as there was another movie going... So, we sat in the lobby and enjoyed eating most of our popcorn before the movie.

Chipwrecked... what can I say? I've seen the other Chipmunk movies and this one was similarly, silly, funny and entertaining enough so that we got our fill of laughing!

M&S had opportunity to go out for a dinner date of their own, that night...

and... A good time was had by all!
ho-ho-ho
susie

No comments:

Post a Comment