Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Proper Job Nigel, Proper Job"

... speaking of technology... again...

I also got a new digital camera before I flew across the ocean and have yet to really figure it out. I know it is capable of doing far more than i've been asking it to.

The other day I wanted to video JW seranading us while we worked. I'm not kidding you. He sings songs. He also does impressions. And if he's not 6 feet up on a ladder, he'll do the dance steps that go along with whatever it is too.

Nigel had to show me how to work the video thingie, part, on my camera. But, by the time we got it figured out -well, I was standing there after all, even if Nigel was doing the figuring out bit- the show was over.

Golly.

Fast forward to the next day. I wanted to get an 'after' shot of the willow structure restoration we had just finished. So I grabbed my trusty camera not realizing until after trying several times to snap a picture of the willow structure, it was still on video record...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuqpQEwHgSg

Yes. That IS snow you see falling and sticking to the grass...
I. was. SnOw. excited!

It started early Friday morning! If you know me, you've gotta know I was jumping for joy and making happy exclamations when I put the shades up in the Small Barn to find those big fluffy flakes falling on the other side of the cold glass.

It pretty much snowed the entire morning. Not alot, but enough that the hillsides were white. Snowed the whole time we were working.

I was a happy camper, that's for sure. It didn't stay around long-by the next morning it was just a memory. But one that I have recorded!

I caught the snow falling due to technical difficulties in operating my own camera. "Mistakes" can often have a wonderful outcome.

You just never know.

XO, susie

No comments:

Post a Comment