Thursday, December 1, 2011

I am having a moment of homesickness...

please email, or write, or post a comment... or something?

It's December 1st and I am living in a place where flowers and shrubs are still blooming... probably only I could make that seem like a negative, but, I want snow! And a cup of tea by the woodstove with Kathy in Jericho (or a big, big, big cup of Vermont Coffee Company French Roast with CREAM), and a Mt Olympus Pizza from Mountain High Pizza and a movie, and a sleepover...

I want to drive out to Highgate and pack bags of produce with Hannah and bring home some beautiful organic kale... or drive up to the Little River Hotglass Studio (http://www.littleriverhotglass.com/wp/) and watch Chris make Christmas ornaments... go for a walk on the Stowe rec path... see snow on the mountain...

I want to play a game of Scrabble with Karen & Lee and listen to Neil Young... or play a game of Scattergories with the whole Gray crew...

I want to drive to Healthy Living and buy as many groceries as I need without thinking about whether i'll be able to lug them the mile up the hill-or even to the bus stop... I want my normal sized 'refrigerator only' refrigerator... my wood stove... my familiar things around me, my studio 'space'...

I want to go to a VbC organizers meeting and make a contribution to next years event... or a Burlington Permaculture event and see familiar faces... or on a plant id walk with Nicko or Mark and see at least one or two familiar trees or shrubs I can actually identify...

I want to listen to my Christmas cd's and hang a balsam wreath in my living room... a massage from Colleen, a visit to my chiropractor and my very own, comfy cozy bed.

Yes, I could go on and on, but where will that get me?

Instead, I am going to a Pilates class, and then to Cafe Nero for a large Americano. I am definitely having that with CREAM today though.

And then we'll see how i'm doing...


“We don't call it homesick. We call it missing home. There's not a sickness involved, it's a state of mind.”

John Litten


1 comment:

  1. Well there is no snow here and when we did get snow last week it was a mess right before Thanksgiving and then it was gone in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete